As Walt perceptively stated, “You’re dead if you only aim for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway.” So embrace your inner child. Embrace your inner Disney, and show your #disneyside!
1. Be a little Goofy. If there’s one thing we know about the Goof, it’s that he’s unabashedly himself. Whether he’s learning how to do something new, hanging with the gang, or breaking it down on the dance floor with Max, Goofy knows who he is, and he’s not afraid to show it. Do the same by being your whole self (Disney Side included).
2. Make a magical moment. It’s simple really. All you need is faith and trust…and a little creativity! We’re faced with chances to make special things happen every day. Surprise your kids or significant other with something fun. Send your best friend a handmade card. Buy a stranger’s morning coffee. The opportunities are endless.
3. Dress the part. If subtly showing off your Disney Side through fashion sparks your interest, check out the DisneyBound blog. Blogger, Leslie Kay, has created a thriving online community and Disney fan phenomena by combining her passion for fashion with Disney, and we absolutely love it. For instance, by pairing a yellow skirt, blue top, red bow, and apple necklace, you are suddenly transformed into Snow White (as seen below.) Disneybound away, pals!
4. Host a Disney movie party. From an intimate movie night to an elaborately themed celebration, hosting a Disney party is the perfect way to share your Disney Side. Start by picking your movie of choice. Toy Story anyone? From there, you can theme everything from the menu, drinks, décor, and music. Let your imagination fly, and don’t forget; Just because you’re the host, doesn’t mean you can’t have fun!
5. Internalize the magic. Remember the feeling you get every time you walk into the Magic Kingdom and see the castle? There’s nothing else quite like it. If you’re anything like us, being in a Disney park makes you feel inspired, carefree, and joyful to a degree not easily replicated. Well, we’d like to challenge you to view your daily life through that same lens. Find the Disney in your day.
“Just remember to dig deep down inside of you, because that my friends, is where the magic lives.” -Jiminy Cricket