No trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is complete without seeing “Fantasmic”!” the nighttime spectacular featuring Sorcerer Mickey, live action theatrics, favorite Disney characters, music, movies projected on water and fireworks…it’s quite the extravaganza. In fact, Fantasmic! is such an extravaganza that it’s held in the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater which seats 7,500 guests (with standing room for 1,500 more). During the summer months multiple performances of the popular show are offered because the first show is often full.
A popular alternative to lining up several hours before show time is the Fantasmic! dining package. The package allows you dinner at one of three restaurants and a pass that gives you admittance to the show which you can be seated for 30 minutes prior to show time. The restaurants included in the Fantasmic! dining package are Mama Melrose, Hollywood and Vine and The Brown Derby. The Brown Derby is a signature dining experience so if you are on the Disney Dining Plan this will take 2 of your table service entitlements; the other participating restaurants are 1 table service entitlement each.
Now there are even more options for Fantasmic! viewing, from December 22-January 5th “to go” meals are being offered as a quick service Fantasmic! dining package. These meals are made picnic style (ready to go) and are 1 quick service entitlement on the Disney Dining Plan. The meals are $15.99 per person for adults and $5.49 for kids (ages 9 and under).
Adult picnic meal choices include:
- Cold fried chicken with roasted sweet potato and baby spinach, broccoli slaw and blueberry cheesecake
- Veggie sandwich with tomato salad, tabbouleh and chocolate cake
- Tuna sushi roll with beet and apple salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and a spicy pecan chocolate cluster
- Cajun shrimp salad with beet and apple salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and mandarin orange cheesecake
- Cold-cut roast beef with creamy horseradish, potato salad, grilled asparagus and chocolate cake
Kids picnic meal choices include:
- Turkey and American cheese wrap with apples and carrots with Ranch dip, strawberry yogurt and a seven-layer cookie bar
- Strawberry yogurt, apple wedges, carrot sticks, Goldfish crackers and an organic apple cinnamon and oatmeal bar.
Fantasmic! show times are based on availability and you can choose your show based on availability for the number of meals purchased (each meal is entitled to one seat at the show). Reservations for picnic meals can be made up to 24-hours prior (407-WDW-DINE) a credit card hold is required and full payment is due at pick up. Each meal will use 1 quick service entitlement on the Disney Dining Plan and are subject to a 24-hour cancellation policy. Meals can be picked up at Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner from 11a.m.-8p.m.
Currently, the picnic meals will be available for shows December 22nd to January 5th but I wonder if this will turn into a permanent option if it receives positive feedback. This type of meal is offered at Disney California Adventure Park for the popular World of Color show.