This November, Disney salutes National Aviation History Month, a month-long celebration of U.S. aviation’s storied past, with the release of the high-flying family adventure “PLANES” on Blu-ray™, DVD, Digital HD and On-Demand on November 19, and through educational partnership with aviation museums across the country.
Beginning November 5, 2013, select aviation museums will feature “PLANES”-inspired learning materials designed to introduce children to the exhilarating world of flight and its most celebrated figures. These materials include the Disney “PLANES” Reel, featuring “Top Ten Flyers,” a countdown of some of the greatest aviators in history hosted by ESPN’s Colin Cowherd, “Aviation Fun Facts” tip sheets, and activity sheets families can fill out while visiting their favorite aviation museums. For more information on participating museums, please visit the Planes Facebook page at http://di.sn/sI1.
To further celebrate National Aviation History Month, Disney will release the spirited animated comedy “PLANES” on November 19 for families to enjoy at-home. Throughout our nation’s history, the world of flight has given us such influential role models as the Wright Brothers, Charles Lindbergh and Amelia Earhart, all famous aviators who proved that, no matter how high their dreams, with imagination, hard work and perseverance, anything is possible. Now, the world of Disney animation gives families everywhere a new kind of high-flying role model in Dusty, the crop dusting plane with sky-high dreams at the center of Disney’s “PLANES.” His indomitable spirit reflects that of history’s great aviators and is sure to inspire children’s imaginations to take flight this November.
Directed by Klay Hall (“King of the Hill,” “The Simpsons”), produced by Traci Balthazor-Flynn (“Return to Never Land,” “Bambi II,” “The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Beginning”) and written by Jeffrey M. Howard (“Tinker Bell,” “Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue”), “PLANES” is propelled by a star-studded voice cast that includes Dane Cook (“Louie,” “My Best Friend’s Girl,” “Dan in Real Life”) as Dusty, Stacy Keach (“The Bourne Legacy,” “Nebraska”) as Navy Corsair Skipper, Teri Hatcher (ABC’s “Desperate Housewives,” “Coraline”) as say-it-like-it-is mechanic Dottie, Julia Louis-Dreyfus (“Veep,” “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Seinfeld”) as Rochelle, Priyanka Chopra (“Barfi!”) as Ishani, John Cleese (Monty Python, “A Fish Called Wanda”) as Bulldog, Carlos Alazraqui (James Garcia on Comedy Central’s “Reno 911”) as El Chupacabra, Roger Craig Smith (Captain America in Disney XD’s “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble,” voice of Sonic The Hedgehog in “Wreck-It Ralph”) as the world champion racer Ripslinger, Val Kilmer (“Batman Forever,” “Top Gun”) as Bravo and Anthony Edwards (TV’s “ER,” “Top Gun”) as Echo.
“PLANES” will be available as a Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray+ DVD + Digital Copy), a Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), a DVD (DVD + Digital Copy), Digital HD and On-Demand.
“PLANES” BONUS FEATURES:
- Exclusive Franz’s Song (approx. 1:40) – Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers Produced exclusively for Blu-ray and HD Digital, this never-before-seen completely finished animated song features the German mini-car, Franz Fliegenhosen, who encourages Dusty on his flight.
- Klay’s Flight Plan (approx. 15:00) Blu-ray, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Follow Director Klay Hall’s personal journey during the making of “Planes” and discover why his family connection to aviation made “Planes” his perfect project. Fly along with Klay as he lands on a working aircraft carrier to get first-hand experience on the flight deck.
- Deleted Scenes (approx.. 3:46) Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers Director Klay Hall and Producer Traci Balthazor-Flynn introduce deleted scenes from the movie.
- Training Montage (approx. 2:38)
- Taj Mahal (approx. 1:08)
- Meet the Racers (approx.. 5:50) Blu-ray, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Featurettes introducing racers El Chupacabra (1:15), Ripslinger (1:15), Dusty (:90), and Ishani (:90).
- Top 10 Flyers (approx. 8:00) Blu-ray & Select Digital Retailers ESPN’s Colin Cowherd hosts a fun, fast-paced countdown of the greatest aviators in history.
Stay connected with the latest news and information about “PLANES”: