Walt Disney Records will release the soundtrack for Disney’s “Descendants” on Friday, July 31, the day the eagerly-anticipated movie premieres on Disney Channel (8:00 p.m. ET/PT). The soundtrack pre-order is available now HERE. It features the single “Believe,” performed and written by 16 year-old recording artist Shawn Mendes (Island Records) and original songs performed by the “Descendants” cast, plus bonus tracks and a score suite.
On Tuesday, June 16, Shawn Mendes’ “Believe” single will be available as a song purchase or free with the purchase of the “Descendants” soundtrack at select digital retailers. The song will premiere in the U.S. and Canada, Monday, June 15 (4:00 p.m., PT) on Radio Disney.
Disney’s “Descendants” stars Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart and Sofia Carson as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains. With a knowing wink at traditional fairy tales, the live-action movie fuses castles with classrooms to create a contemporary, music-driven story about the challenges in living up to parental and peer expectations. The notable cast also includes Mitchell Hope, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Maz Jobrani, Kathy Najimy and the Tony Award-winning Kristin Chenoweth. Emmy Award-winning Kenny Ortega (“High School Musical”) directs, choreographs and executive-produces Disney’s “Descendants.”
The movie’s soundtrack showcases a broad range of music — from the opening number, a pulsating electronic dance song “Rotten to the Core,” and the percussion dance number “Did I Mention?” written by Grammy® and Emmy® Award winner Adam Schlesinger, to the stirring ballad “If Only” written by Adam Anders (“Glee”) and performed by Dove Cameron, and the finale anthem “Set It Off.” It also features a hip-hop a capella take on “Be Our Guest” (from Disney’s “Beauty & the Beast”) and the showstopper, a comedic Broadway-esque tune “Evil Like Me” written by Tony® Award nominee Andrew Lippa (Broadway’s “The Addams Family,” “The Wild Party”) and performed by “Descendants” stars Kristin Chenoweth and Dove Cameron. A bonus track reprises “Rotten to the Core” performed by the movie’s Sofia Carson.
Disney’s “Descendants” marks another connection between Disney and Shawn Mendes who last year was named Radio Disney’s “Next Big Thing” and thrilled audiences with his performances at the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards and the Radio Disney Family VIP Birthday on Disney Channel. His debut album, Handwritten (April 2015) entered the Billboard 200 chart at No.1. This summer, he will perform on select dates of Taylor Swift’s North American stadium concert, The 1989 World Tour.
Disney’s “Descendants” track list:
1. Rotten to the Core Performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce and Booboo Stewart
2. Evil Like Me Performed by Kristin Chenoweth and Dove Cameron
3. Did I Mention Performed by Jeff Lewis, Mitchell Hope
4. If Only Performed by Dove Cameron
5. Be Our Guest Performed by Mitchell Hope,Spencer Lee, Kala Balch, Marco Marinangeli
6. If Only (Reprise) Performed by Dove Cameron
7. Set It Off Performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Mitchell Hope, Sarah Jeffrey and Jeff Lewis
8. Believe Performed by Shawn Mendes
9. Rotten to the Core Performed by Sofia Carson
10. Night Is Young Performed by China Anne McClain
11. Good Is the New Bad Performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson and China Anne McClain
12. I’m Your Girl Performed by Felicia Barton
13. Descendants Score Suite Performed by David Lawrence
The Descendants soundtrack will be available wherever music is sold on July 31, 2015.
For more information on Walt Disney Records’ releases, become a fan at Facebook.com/disneymusic or follow us at Twitter.com/disneymusic.