Disney Interactive and Harmonix today announce the official release date for the award-winning music and motion video game, “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved,” along with new content to be revealed at this year’s E3. The breakthrough musical motion video game inspired by Disney’s classic animated film “Fantasia,” will be available worldwide for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Kinect for Xbox 360 on October 21, 2014.
At E3, the team will follow last year’s standout performance where it received awards from Game Critics for ‘Best Social/Casual Game,’ GameSpot for ‘Best of E3,’ Polygon for ‘Editor’s Choice,’ and Game Informer for ‘Best Music/Rhythm Game.’ This year’s show will set the stage for new multiplayer gameplay and reveal the latest musical additions, along with a vibrant city realm, “The Neighborhood.”
In “The Neighborhood,” players will work their way through a restrained 2D urban cityscape, using music and magic to unleash a vibrant and magical 3D environment by interacting with billboards, rooftops, trains and other surprises hidden within the city landscape. Through this mind-bending experience, players will watch and listen as their movements create bold colors and whimsical music that make “The Neighborhood” a fantastical adventure.
The latest announced tracks from a range of award-winning artists that will appear in-game include:
- Depeche Mode – “Enjoy the Silence”
- Drake – “Take Care” (ft. Rihanna)
- Tchaikovsky – “The Nutcracker Medley”
- Police – “Message in a Bottle”
- MIA – “Galang”
- The Who – “The Real Me”
Additionally, players will be introduced to Yen Sid’s previous apprentice, Scout, via the game’s narrative, who will guide the player as they perform, transform and create music to restore order to the world.
Featuring over 30 tracks – including contemporary hits, classic rock, classical music, and more – “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved” transports players to a breathtaking world where music and magic combine to transform extraordinary interactive landscapes in entirely new and creative ways.
Previously announced tracks for the title include:
- AVICII – “Levels”
- David Bowie – “Ziggy Stardust”
- Antonin Dvorak – “Symphony No. 9 from the New World”
- Fun. – “Some Nights”
- Peter Gabriel – “In Your Eyes”
- Gorillaz – “Feel Good Inc.”
- Cee Lo Green – “Forget You”
- Elton John – “Rocket Man”
- Kimbra – “Settle Down”
- Lorde – “Royals”
- Bruno Mars – “Locked Out of Heaven”
- Nicki Minaj – “Super Bass”
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik”
- Modest Mussorgsky – “Night on Bald Mountain”
- Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
- Antonio Vivaldi – “The Four Seasons: Winter, 1st Movement”
“Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved” will be available worldwide on October 21, 2014 with an ESRB rating of E10+ with lyrics descriptor. For additional information about “Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved,” join the Facebook community athttps://www.facebook.com/fantasiagame, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @FantasiaGame and view all videos on our YouTube channel at http://youtube.com/FantasiaGame