The Ticket: This is a hard ticketed event held on select nights November through December. “Hard Ticket” means that it’s not included in general admission, so you have to purchase a separate ticket.
The Time: Officially this “hard ticket” will gain you entry to the park at 7pm and the party ends at midnight. Unoffiically you can usually gain park admittance around 4pm with just your party ticket. This can change at anytime but in my vast experience with the hard ticketed events I’ve always found we’ve been able to enter at 4.
The Touring: You need to prioritize your Magic Kingdom agenda for the party. If you want to experience the special events for the party you need to plan ahead and move about the park strategically. If you just want to experience the Magic Kingdom during those extra hours of the party then you’ll be on a separate agenda and can plan around the party to get your “must do’s” accomplished.
Special events that occur at the party include:
- Character meet and greets-Including characters in seasonal attire and rarely seen characters available for photos and/or autographs (if you want to meet the Seven Dwarfs plan to stand in line! The line starts near the exit of Splash Mountain)
- Fireworks-Holiday Wishes-Celebrate the Spirit of the Season will light up behind Cinderella Castle at 9:30pm
- Parade-Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade-There are two parades the first at 8:15pm and the second at 10:30pm. If you are planning on staying late the second parade is always FAR less crowded than the first.
- Totally Tomorowland Christmas Show-Visit the Tomorrowland stage at 7:45pm, 8:45pm, 9:55pm, 10:55pm and 11:45pm
- Celebrate the Season Show-Cinderella Castle Stage at 7:45pm 10:05pm and 11:20pm
- Character Dance Parties-Woody’s Hootin’ Holiday Open House (at the Diamond Horseshoe) and Club Tinsel (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, Tomorrowland)
- Cookies and Cocoa-Look for treat stations throughout the park for unlimited holiday cookies and hot cocoa
- Exclusive Merchandise-Exclusive event merchandise is available at select locations, while supplies last. Note: If you enter the park prior to 7pm you will not be able to purchase (or view) event merchandise. You must have the wrist band indicating that you are an event ticket holder in order to purchase the merchandise. It rolls out right about 7pm and it’s usually a frenzy in the beginning. If you see something you want, purchase it and don’t delay. If you are a Walt Disney World resort guest you can schedule package delivery to your resort gift shop. If you are staying off property or are leaving the next day you can still have your packages sent to the front of the park and you can pick them up on your way out instead of carrying them with you all night.
- Select Dining-Note that during the party only select locations will be available for dining. Quick service and snack locations will be available throughout the night but usually close at 11:00pm. Pinocchio’s Village Haus (Fantasyland) closes at 8:00pm. Check your park event map for more detailed information about hours of operation.
The Christmas party tickets are limited, so if this is something you know you want to experience you should pre-order your tickets. You will receive a slight discount for pre-ordering the tickets and you’ll be guaranteed admittance to the holiday festivities.